Another busy Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cueman

Status
Not open for further replies.

cueman

I want to thank everyone for the kind coments.
Can I ask what glue you use? Aluminum to wood joints.

Also, do you know how many hours you have in that blank??? If so, will you tell us???
I use 15 minute epoxy,and med. and thick CA glue, depending on how much time I need to line everything up while gluing the pieces together. I should have used epoxy on this one because the dots are not lined up with the stripes like I wanted. I probably have about 4-5 hours total into this pen (according to my wife I spend way too much time working on pens) <b>she just does not understand </b>[:D] . The most time consuming part is sanding the parts flat and gluing them together. The aluminum on this pen is roof flashing, but I have also used shim stock.

I am willing to post a "how I did it" on this design, but I don't know where to post it, any guidence would be greatly appreciated. I still have alot to learn on computers. Thanks again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pete00

Originally posted by cueman
<br />I want to thank everyone for the kind coments.
Can I ask what glue you use? Aluminum to wood joints.
I am willing to post a "how I did it" on this design, but I don't know where to post it, any guidence would be greatly appreciated. I still have alot to learn on computers. Thanks again.

POST IT RIGHT HERE !!!!

then we'll get jeff to move it [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Mikey

Originally posted by Huzzah
<br />Douglas - I'd be happy to come over and help you figure out the computers and also help you put together a tutorial sometime just to watch you work. I live less than an hour west of you!

Well heck. if you're going, I'm tagging along. I never thought to look for a location. I'll even bring the camera.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the glue info. And I only hope you are being appropriately paid for your time. The 4-5 hours was well worth the results!!!

rtgleck

As other's have mentioned that is a fantastic looking pen. You did a great job and I agree that I hope you are being appropriately paid for your time. That is quite a bit of skill your putting into those 4-5 hours. Great job.

cueman

I really hate you people that can make pens like these! And if you have to make them, for God's sake don't show them to me. Do you have any idea what that can do to a fragile ego like mine? I'm ready to inplode... do you want that on your conscience?
Thanks, I forgot to add a disclaimer to my original post.
<b>WARNING! The following images may cause one to implode, view at your own risk.</b> [:D]
Jamie, I have seen some of your pens, and I don't think your ego is as fragile as you say it is. [;)]

Darley

Now that every one say the HO! and the Ha! sure well admitted is a great pen, nice work,I got some questions for you if I may ask, #1: you say you use cocobolo and aluminum but what is the white wood ? Holly or Maple or ??, #2: what is the size of the laminating cocobolo? I mean the insert into the barrel and at last #3 what is the thickness of your aluminum? or may I wait to read your tutorial when done, Thanks

cueman

Now that every one say the HO! and the Ha! sure well admitted is a great pen, nice work,I got some questions for you if I may ask, #1: you say you use cocobolo and aluminum but what is the white wood ? Holly or Maple or ??, #2: what is the size of the laminating cocobolo? I mean the insert into the barrel and at last #3 what is the thickness of your aluminum? or may I wait to read your tutorial when done, Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serge
in a freezing cold Victoria LOL.
Thanks. It does not show very good in the picture, but the white wood is curly maple. The cocobolo and aluminum sandwiches are just under a 1/4", .220 to be exact, and the aluminum roof flashing is about .010 thick.
Probably to avoid answering all the questions!!!

The made me do it!
What did the [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)] make you do? [:D][:D]
As much as I get out of this forum, I think the least I can do is answer a few questions. [:)]

DFM

I hope you do not mind the bump, but I was looking on ebay and found item number: 130075240589 Everyone here now has the chance to have this wonderful pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom