Another Bullet Pen Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've never used it, and matter of fact, first time I've seen it to really look at it... I polish my brass on my cartridge pens with Brasso and then let them tarnish... I tell customers that they will tarnish and if they want can be cleaned with Brasso (or Tobasco Sauce - we used that in a pinch in the Navy)... most people don't seem to be concerned about the tarnish factor.... all that said, I'm going to look further into the lacquer... might be an incentive to more sales... thanks for the info.

ribanett

Anyone used this Behlen Lacquer? Says it's specifically designed for brass with anti-tarnishing agents in it.

I have never used this product. I have used Staybrite Brass Laquer for a number of years on all my acrylic/brass cartridge pens with good results. My everyday pen is one I made in Feb 09 and the finish is just starting to show signs of ware. I apply three coats and after a week polish with mm12000 wet. I have had 12 pens returned because the finish wore thru. I have sold over 250 pens with this finish.

If your pens are solid brass, the way to go is powder-coat, most of my pens are acrylic/brass so powder-coat is not possible.

I get my Staybrite from Hartsville.

Top Bottom