And so it begins...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdmacdo

Well, let's see how cold the water is by jumping in before checking... :bulgy-eyes:

Earlier this week, my wife agreed that it is time to take the hobby to the next level. I got to go on a mini-shopping spree and have a whole new set of things to learn.
This week, I bought the Harbor Freight Paint Pot and modified it to get my pressure pot built. Ordered Alumilite (white, clear, powders, and dyes) - arrived today. Ordered glitter from Coastal Scents. Bought 3/4" and 2" Schedule 40 PVC for molds. Once I build the Pot Mold Rack to hold the molds, I plan to see what I can make.

This puts me half way to my ultimate goal. Next I need to talk her into getting stabilizing equipment and the tools to go kitless and then it will be time to lock myself in the shop to build completely custom pens.

Wich me luck in the first few pours. I'll try to remember to document everything in case I hit lightning in a bottle and have one I want to make again.

tangoman

Welcome to the dark side!

Casting is as addictive as penturning !

Don't forget to buy silicone for mould making, and some cutting boards for moulds too, lol!

I thought I would dabble in casting too, not intending to get really involved, so far this fortnight I have cast ten sierra tubes and made two resin saver style moulds and not switched the lathe on once !

Regards and have fun,
Cam

Edward Cypher

I agree with Cam it is very addicting. And the results are so unpredictable when you first start. Some turn out great and others allow you to practice your turning. Enjoy and am looking forward to some posts of your casts.

Top Bottom