And Now For Something Completely Different...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

This is an amazing concept and execution. I cannot imagine how you were able to polish those little recesses in the ends. Great work. May I ask ...

1. The threads look a little short. Was that because the material didn't want to thread well? or a camera thing?
2. Did you consider putting the same kind of (more pointed) bump at the grip near the nib instead of a rounded one?

Thanks very much.

The thread tenon is pretty much the size I make it with all my pens, but as the diameter of the barrel is a bit bigger than normal, it makes the tenon look shorter. Actually, it threaded pretty well. Not nearly as nice as acrylic, but not bad.

As for the front/nib section, I wanted to stick with my usual shape, mostly just cuz I like it :tongue:

Cheers,

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EarlD

From concept to design to material selection to execution to photography and presentation this is just outstanding! Well done.
Earl

watch_art

Hey - that's MY pen!! :)
And I love it. It's gotta be one of my nicest pieces along with a couple other customs from JEB. I've been into fountain pens for a couple years now and have made some really good art trades, but haven't kept any of the pens I traded for. Always sold them for something better or more interesting. THIS will stay with me forever.
:biggrin:

Here's the art I made for Ken.

1%20of%205%20brown%20trout.JPG

And a link to my site is on the post card in my signature...

And some more shots of the pen.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/208430-dr-goretex-bamboo-and-blackwood/

gallery_41188_9_82984.jpg

gallery_41188_9_91242.jpg

gallery_41188_9_154623.jpg

And then a shot next to my buddy's Montblanc 149 for a size comparison...
gallery_41188_9_37211.jpg

wiset1

Love the work and look of the pen. I think Martin did one about a month ago that looked just like this...? Great looking pen

Top Bottom