An Interesting Experience

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

Yesterday I went to the local police station to apply for a concealed carry permit. After filling out the paperwork it was off to the back room for fingerprinting. I wasn't looking forward to the stinky messy ink and was pleasantly surprised to find that they now scan them in, very cool. Just thought about it though and it has been 55 years since I was last fingerprinted.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

'round these parts, they have gone digital, at least with the fingerprinting side of things in regards to having a HAZMAT endorsement on your license. pretty nifty if you ask me!

Scott

Yep, I went in to apply for my CWP a couple of weeks ago, and they scanned my prints. Very cool!

Scott.

jasontg99

Yesterday I went to the local police station to apply for a concealed carry permit. After filling out the paperwork it was off to the back room for fingerprinting. I wasn't looking forward to the stinky messy ink and was pleasantly surprised to find that they now scan them in, very cool. Just thought about it though and it has been 55 years since I was last fingerprinted.

So Dick, what exactly did you do 55 years ago to get fingerprinted??? :eek::biggrin:

peregrinerose

Heh... when I moved counties, I went to the courthouse to get a new permit to carry (mine had expired a year prior), they didn't print, background check, nothing... just printed out a new permit and said 'here you go'. I love living in redneckville, PA. :)

IPD_Mr

CCW's take 12+ weeks here in Indiana, even our renewals take a long time. I just wish that they would add that you were required to take a mandatory safety class with only an exemption for military and prior service.

Whaler

So Dick, what exactly did you do 55 years ago to get fingerprinted??? :eek::biggrin:

Joined the USAF.

PenMan1

12 weeks for a CWP? Man, I thought I lived in the most backward state in the Union. Here, they have to issue your permit in less than 14 days or tell you why it was denied.

And they've been scanning finger prints for at least 5 years, because they scanned us at our last renewal in 07.

I guess maybe we are not so backwards on gun technology.

cwolfs69

IPD_Mr said:
CCW's take 12+ weeks here in Indiana, even our renewals take a long time. I just wish that they would add that you were required to take a mandatory safety class with only an exemption for military and prior service.

they shoud not require anything. true freedom would be just carry. each person has the right to defend himself.never seen a crook with CCW.

Sent from my Galaxi via forerunner

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

Joined the USAF.
That's right around when I joined the Navy...I did that 56 1/2 years ago

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmm

I wouldn't take any bets that they could even get my prints - they are really worn down. They can't get my wifes with their scanner and mine are worse than hers.

IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr said:

they shoud not require anything. true freedom would be just carry. each person has the right to defend himself.never seen a crook with CCW.

My own son was shot in the thigh by an idiot who legally had a gun and permit. Since they do not require an IQ test or common sense quotient for ownership, the least they could do is require some sort of basic safety training. You can't get a motorcycle license without training so why should a lethal weapon be any different, the 2nd amendment? Common sense tells me that our founding fathers did not consider the abundance of morons that roam this great country of ours.

The Penguin

I firmly believe we didn't have near the number of complete morons running around when our founding fathers penned the 2nd.

back then, if you were stupid...you'd end up dead...quickly

now - Congress passes laws to protect the stupid from themselves.

leehljp

Member Liaison
In Japan, I think some places have gone digital, but for ages - they have been useing something that is colorless yet leaves the imprint on paper. No mess.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
IPD_Mr said:

My own son was shot in the thigh by an idiot who legally had a gun and permit. Since they do not require an IQ test or common sense quotient for ownership, the least they could do is require some sort of basic safety training. You can't get a motorcycle license without training so why should a lethal weapon be any different, the 2nd amendment? Common sense tells me that our founding fathers did not consider the abundance of morons that roam this great country of ours.
And mine was shot accidently (also in the thigh) by a trained police officer who came to the motel my son managed to pick up a gun which had been left in the room by a guest.....I think training doesn't fix stupid.

Haynie

I live in AZ we don't need a CCP. Any moron over 21 can conceal carry. Some of the people I know who do carry, in my opinion, should not be allowed anywhere near a weapon.

Joe Burns

I hear you there. Hope you or your son went after him legally if it was carelessness or negligence. So many now days haven't been raised around firearms and learned how to safely handle them. So many don't stop and think while we have the right to buy and posses a firearm. And a lot of us have CCW licenses, they don't think about the responsibility and care it requires.

Joe

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
IPD_Mr said:

Nor can you get an automobile drivers's license without training....yet we are in far greater danger of being killed by someone driving a car or killing someone else while driving our car than being killed by someone with a concealed weapon or killing someone with our own concealed weapon.

Even though my younger son was accidently shot, my older son was damaged far more severely with much longer lasting effect by a careless driver.

Rob73

I had to get printed when I worked at the P.O. was digital scan but they still had Ink as well.

I would get a conceal carry but believe we are the only state left that does not allow it.

Top Bottom