An "Aero" in the right direction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
A while back, i decided to check out the "Aero" pen. I think i got it from CSUSA, or Ariz. Sil. I dont remember, but anyway. When i ordered it, Like a big dummy, i forgot to order the bushings. I had a drill bit, so in haste, i only ordered the kit.

Well, this wasn't really a big deal considering i was about ready to try out making my own bushings after reading a tutorial on it. So, I have some little 1 inch long pieces of bloodwood already drilled, tubed, and trued, leftover from a wine glass charm order. Ding, the light bulb comes on. So i mount the bloodwood blanks on the mandrel, between standard slim bushings. I started to cut the material away, measuring as i went when i realized that the wood was getting really close to the outer diameter of the slimline bushing. I thought to myself, "No way" as i reached for my calipers. YUP, The inside diameter of the Aero tube is a PERFECT FIT to the outside diameter of the slimline bushings!

After further investigation, I didn't find any bushings that were the same as the component diameters, so i will use the finial bushings from a Euro set, and do alot of measuring. I think i might like this kit enough to actually buy bushings when i order more of them, but it was fun working my way through the little challenge. I think i will save my bloodwood pieces to make bushings another day, like when i need them!

FUN STUFF!

Top Bottom