An added twist to Steampunk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgio13

bgio13

Walking around the shop the other day, I was looking for either copper or chrome colored embelishments to add to a steampunk inspired blank, and came across some solder. Got the bright idea to melt some solder and let it hit the cement floor, giving it the "splatter" effect. I was then able to bend the solder around a tube as it's very pliable and glue it using thick CA. This is what I came up with. Was wondering what your thoughts are, thanks

Bill

Attachments

• DSC08909 (2).jpg
    DSC08909 (2).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC08910 (2).jpg
    DSC08910 (2).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Bill; It is amazing what one can come up with if he or she justs stops and looks at the things that are surronding us. Very uniique idea, and you will never have the same pattern on your pen, making it a one of a kind. Great thinkng !!! Jim S

Last edited:

gimpy

I like it, it really awesome

If you get a few extra blanks,
I would love to buy a
couple of them

Jgrden

Great Idea Bill,
Looks Fantastic.
Like the way you have "Rivetted" it together.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Yes, can you imagine where he had to shop to find those small rivets?? And then there is the rivet gun and the forge to heat the plates. Sheesh, he is amazing. :glasses-cool:

bgio13

Thanks for all the comments. Gimpy I sent you a PM.

i bet that would look awesome on some copper tape!

Actually Seamus, the only reason I didn't use copper tape is because I only have 1/4"tape and that won't cover the tube. I have been on the lookout this past week for larger size tape and will post a photo when I get that done. Hopefully I can find the really small copper rivets for that one. Thanks again,

Bill

Top Bottom