americana twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

If you didn't buy the kits from CSUSA, the instructions MAY be different. If it's a Berea kit, check the AZ Silhouette website and if it's a PSI kit, check the PSI website.

railrider1920

Is this pen pretty much the same thing as the "Classic American Style Ball Point" from Woodcraft? It looks like the instructions are pretty much the same for both. Sorry for the hijack.
Thanks

redfishsc

The Woodcraft and CSA pens are NOT the same pen, though they look different.

The biggest difference, other than bushings (which I am not sure about) is the method of holding the center band. WC, Berea, and PSI all three, I believe, requires that you part a tenon all the way to the brass tube.

The CSA requires you part a tenon a certain diameter on the wood/acrylic and glue the center band on.

I personally hate making either pen. Having to make a tenon and glue on the cb for the CSA pen is a pathetic, PITB design. The Berea/WC kits are very troublesome also, and I have had 5 or 6 of them (of the 20 or less I have made) have bad transmissions that retract when you try to write.

If I HAD to make this pen, it would be the CSA pen-- better tranny and a prettier pen IMO. But only if I HAD to.

Top Bottom