Amboyna!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

My favourite wood. Here's one I made by request. Amboyna burl, CA finish. Got playing with the camera, and well, once pix taken, I couldn't NOT post...

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

Nice pen, my only comment would be the wood you laid it on was kind of busy for that pen but otherwise awesome!!!!!

drgoretex

Thanks for the encouragement, folks!

Lazylathe - some people use a pinchuck for these closed enders, but they can be hard to come by, so I went cheap and used a jam chuck (using 3/8 roundstock glued into a piece of scrap hardwood, turned to the inside diameter of the brass sleeve) fitted into my drill chuck.

Snyiper - I think you're right. If I could find a nice piece of neutral cooured paper (eg grey), that would work better. White is too light, throws off the balance.

Cheers

Ken

snyiper

The top wood was nice, all the pics were great except the one laying with the grain I think it took away a little. The pen is outstanding and I think a nice netrual like you said or even the metal sheet under it would show all of its class....nice job

phil

I love it! That pen especially appeals to me beacuse i make all wooden laminated and self longbows. This inspires me....

Phil

Padre

Beautiful pen and great work. I love it, and I always love amboyna!

Top Bottom