Amboyna Burl Euro,Cherry Euro and Burma Teak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

I had an enjoyable day off..made 3 cherry napkin holders..fixed a couple of things around the house. Over-hauled my delta belt/disk sander and managed to get a few pens done..

I wanted to try just a real thin wood center band instead of the normal metal one
Amboyna Burl Euro with Zircote centerband..blo/ca finish..

20078131212_amboyna.jpg

This is part of my Cherry haul from the other day..this wood is starting to grow on me
Pennsylvania Cherry Euro with Zircote and Amboyna Burl center band
blo/ca finish

20078131415_cherry.jpg

This was a strange looking piece of teak..one half of the board looked normal..the other side almost looked like olive wood
Burma Teak Black Chrome Slimline
blo/ca finish

20078131926_BurmaTeak.jpg

Comments welcomed..Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

great12b4ever

nice Pens, Harold. I like the cherry, and have been raiding my stash for special grain structure. I guess I am fortunate. I had an Uncle that came down to visit first of July and brought me the second pick-up load of green, rough cut cherry. Most of the boards are 1" to 1 and 1/4" thick with a few going over 2" thick. These range from 4 to 12" wide and about 7 to 7.5' in length. I have a stack stickered and air drying that is 4' wide and about 6' tall now and a similar size that has been drying just about one year, and onbe about half that size that is 2 years in drying and now down to 8- 10 % moisture.

Rob

ahoiberg

nice work all around harold. i've got a load of cherry just sitting in my garage waiting to be cut up... i also love to modify the euro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom