Amber Smoke

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Sittin here with the Pen shop open today. Here are a couple I finished for inventory last night after some order work.

Smoke Emperor

20051217184622_emp_smoke_op.jpg

I found some Amber, it was suppose to be Bakelite Amber, but I have been around long enough to remember Bakelite and never saw anything in Amber, so not sure. It burned my snooz & eyes like Bakelite does. It is fitted with a black resin cap,

20051217184821_cust_wrt_amber.jpg

Thanks for looking :) Comments always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Anthony, is that amber pen filled with an eyedropper, or does it hold cartridges? Is that ink we're seeing through the wall? Nice shape.

PenWorks

Bruce, the pen has a converter in it and you are not seeing ink, but my magic done to the inside of the blank. I want to make a piston fill some day that would be cool.

btboone

In some regards, a piston fill would be easier to make. The threads in some plastics would be tricky to do without screwing up though. It seems that a lot of pen collectors only want pens that don't have a cartridge. I assume that the same nibs and feeds could be used, you would just fill the back side of the pen instead of the cartridge with ink.

Texas Taco

Originally posted by LAKingsFan
<br />Wow!

Anthony, those are some great looking pens. Guys like you are an inspiration for us short timers to learn more and more. Excellent work!

Ron

I have to agree with Ron 100%
The pens I see on this sight are a real inspiration and these two rank right up at the top of the list. [8D]

PenWorks

Bruce, when ever I get around to turning on that metal lathe and start cutting some threads. I just might cut a threaded cap for the end and make it an eye dropper. The nib & feed should still work fine.

Greg, I looked all over that pen again and still couldn't find your name on it [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom