Ambassador RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Ambassador Roller Ball from CS-UK via woodchuckers in Canada. The wood is a piece of Walnut crotch. Comments welcome, good, bad, or other wise. Cap took three tries. The wood on this pen is very thin..even thinner than the El Grande. But, I did get a success on the 3rd try...and there are no bushings for CS-UK kits. Followed the article on the homepage and made my own.:D:D

20067901454_Walnut%20Ambassador.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Thank goodness someone took the time to write that tutorial, or you'd have been hosed! [:)]

Nice job on the pen!

its_virgil

Thanks Steve...Canada is a long way off...thank goodness for the pony express and the work the Cartwrights did to open up the west. Do I watch too much Bonanza?

Thanks Jim. Had it not been for that tutorial, the kit would still be in the baggie.[:D]

Ron: The cap screws off...a fountain pen is next. The coupler on this pen may just have the best threads and fit of any capped pen I've made. It does feel good. The pen is very close to the same size as the Gent..one tube is same size and the other one is just a little different. I just put the pen next to a gent and they are the same size. The pen I posted is longer because I made the main barrell closed end. A private critique suggested that the main barrel have the same lines on the end as the cap....squared off instead of round.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by SteveRoberts
<br />Texas is a long way from Canada isn't it Don? Nice looking pen!

gerryr

Nice looking pen. I think I would agree that it might look better with both ends the same shape. Too bad CD-UK doesn't offer better platings. I love the look of the Regency, but 24K gold scares me off.

its_virgil

gerry: I think I agree....I need to spend a little more time on design aspects instead of just hurryiing to do the fun part...turn the pen.

hunter and john: Thanks. I thought I would show it since many of our members may not have seen this kit. Not many make this kit since there are no bushings and one must make their own or use another method.

Mark: I like this kit and the regency and I too wish there were other plating options. The regency does show a lot of wood...I may do one next...but I need to make a set of bushings...it takes 6.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom