Amazing Grace

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MTViper

MTViper

I got an email from Woodturningz.com (Noblesville, IN) a few weeks ago and they had a sale on Amazing Grace pen kits. Woodturningz sells a variety of unique kits with interesting themes. They tend to be well made and comfortable to write with. Several are built on the same basic pen design with special clips, caps and center bands to make them unique.

This was a new kit with an Easter theme. It has a cross with a dove on it for the clip, olive leaves on the center band, and a crown of thorns on the cap. They looked interesting so I decided to order a starter set that came with three kits in different platings (gold, chrome, and gunmetal), drill bits (10 & 11mm), and bushings. I added a 4th kit in Antique Brass plating for me along with a brass fountain pen conversion kit.

I paired all three with Exhibition Grade Bethlehem Olive I also got from Woodturningz. Turning was straightforward. My shop sure smelled nice after making 4 of these. Finished with Dr's Pens Plus.

This is a big pen, not something you want to carry in your pocket for long. The cap screws on smoothly on both ends. It feels good in the hand and writes nicely. I'm still using the rollerball it came with instead of the fountain pen because the lady sitting beside me confiscated my brass pen and now I have the gunmetal. I'm debating whether the brass conversion kit looks good with the gunmetal pen or if I need to order the gunmetal kit next time I order.

I'm very happy with these pens. The kits are well made and they capture the Easter theme.

Steve
Grace01.jpg
Grace02.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Nice Pens. Of course they would need to be dressed in BOW. It is not only pretty, but religiously significant, and easy to work with as well. Very Cool. - Dave

MTViper

Nice Pens. Of course they would need to be dressed in BOW. It is not only pretty, but religiously significant, and easy to work with as well. Very Cool. - Dave
Thanks Dave, they also recommended using Lebanon Cedar or Bethlehem Shittim (thought to be the acacia used for the Ark of the Covenant). I had some olive on hand and love working with it.

sorcerertd

That olive is really beautiful. I also love the smell of it. I'll bet the cap is too heavy for me to want to write for long with it posted, but that combo makes a really nice looking pen.

Top Bottom