aluminum kitless feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Got another feather blank from Cricket (Marla) This is a Longwood blank. I was hoping this one would have enough PR around the feathers to thread the body with the 12 mm triple start thread die, onto the body. It didn't. So I made an adapter again(same as the last one). The tube diameter is too large for the die to cut threads without risking damage to the blank. It worked out. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0966.JPG
    IMG_0966.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Freethinker

Wow! .... i think that is the coolest looking feather blank i have seen.

The other feather pens are nice, but not really my cup of tea.............THIS one is amazing.

Well done.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
HE is out of control. One nice pen Chuck. Try not to have to change hat sizes.:biggrin: I really like the blue.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you friends, for the kind remarks. They are appreciated. I still think the beauty lies within the blank. :wink: But, it was fun making parts to go with it! :biggrin:

hewunch

Chuck. this is another winner! Great work. Now, when are you going to start putting some clips on these things?

Rick P

Now thats what I'm talking about! My own work will be going in a similar direction starting first of the year.......personally I find making my own totally from scratch very liberating! No more confinement to someone else's vision of what MY pens should be!

Crickett

Thank you friends, for the kind remarks. They are appreciated. I still think the beauty lies within the blank. :wink: But, it was fun making parts to go with it! :biggrin:

Thanks Chuck, it wouldn't look good if your work wasn't so outstanding!
You're an inspiration to all of us thinking of trying kitless. :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Another awesome pen Chuck!
Thanks Mark!

Chuck. this is another winner! Great work. Now, when are you going to start putting some clips on these things?
Thanks Hans. You need to go back and look at my pens. I didn't put a clip on this one because it's a short clip.
Great looking kitless Chuck, keep them coming.
Thanks Ken, I'm working on another now.

Very nice!

Robin
Thanks Robbin

Now thats what I'm talking about! My own work will be going in a similar direction starting first of the year.......personally I find making my own totally from scratch very liberating! No more confinement to someone else's vision of what MY pens should be!
Thanks Rick! Go for it.

Thanks Chuck, it wouldn't look good if your work wasn't so outstanding!
You're an inspiration to all of us thinking of trying kitless. :)
If you say so Marla. Give it a try. I did and, couldn't be more pleased with the fun I'm having.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry about that. I have a short clip from a zen if you want it.
No problem Hans.:biggrin: I do sometimes make a cap without a clip. Thanks for offering the clip but, this finial is attached with epoxy. I took the short route on this one.:biggrin: I appreciate your comments and, offer.

Beauty of a pen.
Thank you Carl!

Top Bottom