Alumilite???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

When casting colors in alumilite is there any kind of ration to achiev the color you apply??? Say I am casting a 9ounce blank and want a pearlescent color white is there an amount of color that should be added??? It is so hard to tell by looking at the wet product. Is this a trial and error thing???? Does anyone have a source for pure white. Right now I have the clear resin and was looking for just a pigment to color it. Will the white Alumilite turn out opaque pure white???? Do not want any transparancy. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

John, the white Alumilite will stay a flat color. Adding Pearl-ex will add color but not shimmer. For example, if I mix the white alumilite with blue pearl-ex ans some trans-tint blue the mix looks almost like a dark cobalt blue when it is liquid BUT once it solidifies it clears to a "sky blue" color. Adding more tint darkens the final product a bit but it always ends up lighter than what it looks like while the mix is still liquid.
EUgene.

Alumilite

John,

If you would like, please send me a private email at mike@alumilite.com and I'll send you a sample of a white dye I brewed up in the lab a little while ago. This can then be added to the Clear in SMALL amounts to achieve whatever cloudy translucensy you desire. You could then add your pearlX and you should be able to achieve the look you are going for.

Mike
Alumilite
800 447-9344

sah6139

John,

If you would like, please send me a private email at mike@alumilite.com and I'll send you a sample of a white dye I brewed up in the lab a little while ago. This can then be added to the Clear in SMALL amounts to achieve whatever cloudy translucensy you desire. You could then add your pearlX and you should be able to achieve the look you are going for.

Mike
Alumilite
800 447-9344

Customer service or what!

steve

jttheclockman

Got all my questions answered and have to say the people there are so great and helpful. Getting a sample of the white sent along with another order that I had to take advantage of this sale for the Birthday Bash.

Alumilite

Glad we could help. If the White dye is of interest to people, I'll make a large batch and start putting it in our regular 2 oz dye bottle size.

John, please let me know how it works and if you were able to achieve the pearlescent look you were going for.

Mike
Alumilite
800 447-9344

jttheclockman

Manny

Unfortunately I went back to work and am working all kind of crazy hours so I have no time for the shop. But I did get a chance to experiment a little bit before this happened. I need to perfect the exact mixture I need but the white dye did exactly as Mike said. It did make the clear alumilite opaque enough and when I added the pearlX it was going to give it that shimmer I was after. I just need to get the right mix to make the blanks I want. Not sure if this helps you but that is what I did so far.

Top Bottom