Aloha, from Hawaii

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RODNEYBREAN

Hello all,

My name is Rodney Brean. I am originally from New York state. Joined the Army and was sent to Fort Hood Texas. Was in the Army for about 5 years and was injured is the Gulf War. Got out and stayed in Killeen Texas and had a Cabinet shop and did finish carpentry for about 17 years. I met my wife in Killeen about ten years ago, She had lived in Hawaii for about ten years then came back home to Texas. She asked me if I had ever been to Hawaii, I said no, so off we went. I liked it so much when we got home we took a year and sold everything and moved over here. We have been here in paradise for 5 years now. This is home. I was doing High end Finish carpentry when we came over but the market died and I had to finally get both my knees replaced , Dec 2012(from injury while in the Army) so that slowed me down. We now have a small Gift Shop. I sandblast glass and tiles and have found the wonderful world of pens. Going to start selling them in the store when I get some good ones made. There is some really beautiful wood here. I have seen some AMAZING pens on here. Very talented people. Glad I found the site. so much info. Well, sorry so long winded, will enjoy seeing your creations. If you ever get to the Big Island look me up !!

Rodney

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

aloha and welcome aboard! Several very good penmakers on the islands, beautiful woods to choose from...should be a good learning curve!

SteveG

Aloha Rodney
Welcome to the IAP. With you prior work skills, the IAP connection, and a desire to make nice pens, you are well on your way. There is much to appreciate in Hawaii, so I think you picked a good place to settle. Penmaking and penturning are both enjoyable pursuits, and there is always a new challenge coming into view. Enjoy the experience.
Steve Guzy (Kauai)

Top Bottom