Almost a Sedona

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jleiwig

jleiwig

This is a blank that Rob Wolfe sent me today in a package of free stuff. I was so stoked to turn it that I came right into the shop and started working on. It was going to be a Sedona, but I happened to take a second to look down at my puppy who was eagerly chewing on the lathe power cord, and BOOM! Now I'm stuck with the lower half a sedona/baron/navigator pen and no idea what to put on the top? I'm open to suggestions?

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 457
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Put a dark blue acrylic or go the other way and a light colored maple. The answer is in the combination of the blank you have turned.

mickr

OOPS..distractions happen..cut matching bands into top & bottom of the blank? make it look like the plan all the time? Matching blue acrylic? just about anything you do, will be tough...can the pen work with a shorter tube? bummer

jleiwig

The puppy is fine. She's not big enough to chew through the cord that quickly. She's just a little pup. She did get kind of scared after I uttered every swear word I knew and a few new ones I made up.

It's buckeye burl and a blue/grey pearlex swirl I think. The easiest thing would probably to make the cap out of just buckeye burl. I'll have to look and see if I have a piece that matches pretty good.

Jim15

Justin if your in the Cinci. area before you finish the pen I have quite a few buckeye burl blank that you could use to try and match up with what you have.

jleiwig

Justin if your in the Cinci. area before you finish the pen I have quite a few buckeye burl blank that you could use to try and match up with what you have.

How much would you charge me for an hour in that basement candy store you call a shop? :biggrin:

Rum Pig

Bummer about the cord but at least it is easily fixed.
I would go with blue resin or Buckeye burl.

Good luck and look forward to seeing the finished pen:)

Top Bottom