Alexander the Great

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
A B-Day gift for a fan of Alex and a great friend.
Home brew PR and Sterling Silver. Bust carved in relief.
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Alex with map 1S.jpg
    Alex with map 1S.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 844
  • Alex parts s.jpg
    Alex parts s.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 829
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Bruce that is my favorite of all you've done so far. Just a simple WOW! is not near enough. So here is a big

Holy Crap WOW!

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Bruce, you have gone and out done yourself this time!!!! That is just WAY too cool!!!! The marble column colouring is perfect and the sword is the perfect size!! Well done:biggrin:

VisExp

Very nice Bruce. The clip looks great and I really like the fluting on the upper barrel (column).

Do you have a close up of the relief carved bust?

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Very nice Bruce. The clip looks great and I really like the fluting on the upper barrel (column).

Thanks Keith. The pen is gone and I don't have a good close-up. Maybe the owner/member will do the honor. This is the model I used - still need to perfect some things so maybe its a good idea I don't have a good close up:)
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• alex profile.jpg
    alex profile.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 136

PR_Princess

1_IMG_5691.JPG

Keith I did the best I could. But I am afraid that any photographic "skills" that I may have ....suck. I just can not seem do Bruce's remarkable work justice. :redface:

The bust is in a pearl white resin and it is difficult for my camera to tell the carving from the swirls. But my eye has no problem!!! All the locks of Alex's hair really stand out, and you can clearly see the curve of his cheek and jaw, as well as the tiniest of details in the mouth and nose. But what is really is amazing is detail in the eye :cool: (which you can not see at all in the photo). I guess if you want to see this better, you will just have to leave the warmth and comfort of Florida and "drop in" on the frozen tundra! :biggrin:

PR_Princess

A B-Day gift for a fan of Alex and a great friend.
Home brew PR and Sterling Silver. Bust carved in relief.
attachment.jpg

When I first received Alexander, I was simply flabbergasted. I had the pen displayed in my office for a while just so that I could gaze at it during the day. I have to say that is so stunning, that everyone who came in and saw the pen, immediately froze in their tracks. After that I just could NOT get them out of my office!! :eek:

Bruce, this pen was such a surprise and it is sooo amazingly beautiful. I can not imagine the hours of work that you put into making this treasure. Then to find out that it is really mine!!!! My words are simply not adequate to express my astonishment and gratitude. For the bottom of my heart, please accept a very heartfelt...

Thank You!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Last edited:
Top Bottom