Alabaster Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnGreco

Hi folks- I'm offering 3 sets of Alabaster blanks from my personal collection. These are pieces I cut and have inspected for flaws. Keep in mind, due to the nature of stone there may be no visible flaws when you start, but pressure from drilling and turning can cause previously microscopic cracks to become larger. (I will tell you how to identify and help stop this from becoming a problem)

In offering these, you're not just buying the stones you see. I will also answer any questions you have in regards to drilling, turning, and finishing the stone. Even where to get some of the specialized drill bits I use. So the prices essentially reflect the stones + the knowledge I've acquired over the past several years turning stone. Although there are numerous posts from me regarding details here and there (as well as a detailed write-up in the IAP collection with my ice blue Italian alabaster pen), I will leave no stone unturned (Ha!) in my answers to your questions :) Now, onto the listings!

All stone is shown wet.

Far left (from left to right):
1 dark gray and chocolate from New Mexico (softer)
1 pale pink and red from New Mexico (softer)
1 ice blue from Italy (harder)
1 bright white from Italy (harder)
Cost shipped in SFRB: $65

Middle (from left to right):
1 black speckled from Italy (harder)
1 eggshell from somewhere in the mid-west (harder, but not as hard as the ones from Italy)
Cost shipped in SFRB: $60

Far right :from left to right):
2 black speckled from Italy, enough for a cap and body (harder)
1 ice blue from Italy (harder)
1 bright white from Italy (harder)
Cost shipped in SFRB: $75

Thanks for looking, I'm happy to answer any questions about the stones you might have.

P.S.- If you want to buy multiple sets, knock $20 off the price of each subsequent bundle. For example, if you wanted to buy all 3 the listed cost is $200 minus $40 for the 2 additional sets, for a total cost of $160.

Attachments

• image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 162
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 129
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 130

magpens

I'll take the (Far Left) FIRST set of 4 for $65. . Shipping to WA state.

But, I need to know the cros-section dimensions, please.

Last edited:

JohnGreco

I'll take the (Far Left) FIRST set of 4 for $65. . Shipping to WA state.

But, I need to know the cros-section dimensions, please.

In that set all are 7/8" except the first on the left which is 15/16". PM me your paypal and I'll send an invoice, thanks!

Top Bottom