advice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

I am going to be moving out of state and could use some extra money. I have approx. 40 pens, a razor and a couple bottle stoppers I'd like to sell to raise some cash. I had them on consignment at a local craft store but have a VERY limited market. Small rural town of about 4500.. I have retail tag prices on most of them and that totals about $2600 and have been told by some members here my prices are too low. The items are presently in a 36" x 16" cherry case I made and that would or could go with them if anyone would have any interest in buying these for half price or so...price is negotiable and before I take a bunch of pictures I'd just like to know if there would be any interest. And I apologize if this is either too vague or misplaced Jeff...Let me know and either move it or delete it as you see fit...I hope to be an active member again soon...any advice would be welcome also...Thanks

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Akula

Hard to sell completed pens to pen makers :) If it was just the hardware, then they would be spoken for in a day.

IMO, I would just keep them and open up a online store of some type. Maybe ask the location where you had them on consignment if they would be interested in a package deal. If you have sold any there, they could be interested. You could always take them and try to find a new location where you're moving to and find buyers.

Ambidex

Thanks for the reply Bill...had it in mind it wouldn't be a great idea selling to creators, just wondered if someone was more patient about a little profit than I :wink:...also considered the pride factor of selling your own creation instead of second selling...I was just testing the waters:redface:

Ambidex

Hi Jeff...I don't have pics but will take some tomorrow or Thursday as I'm off work and will have some spare time. I'm moving to New Hampshire where my father was originally from. Little town called Bristol and I hope to set up a shop and start turning again. It's been almost 2 years since I touched my lathe:redface:

Ambidex

Here's a couple pictures...sorry about the quality...am not a photog:redface:

Attachments

• 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 91
  • 204.jpg
    204.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 94