Advice - Buffing Wheels & Compounds for Wood and Plastic Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FordTrax

Okay. I bought a old Dunlap Grinding Mandrel (missing the tool rests) off of a guy from CL. I am going run it off a 1/2 hp old electric motor with a v drive belt. I was thinking of turning the Mandrel around - so the old tool rest brackets would be to the rear to give me more work room.

Here is my question:

I how it is set up for 8" wheels 10" may work - is there any advantage to go to a 10" wheel over an 8" for buffing pens?

The arbor is very long on both sides so I could place two 1/2" wide buffing wheels side by side to give me a wider buffing surface. Has anybody done that? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing that?

I was thinking about order from Caswell - the 1/2" wide Canton Flannel Wheels is that the best choice for buffing plastic and wood pens? They also have Domet and Denim - but I thought maybe those would be to soft and to hard for my pens?

For the Buffing Compounds - Are Plastic P-112 and Plastic Glow P-22 the right selections for buffing plastic and wood pens? If there are better choices please advise.

Are there any other vendors that offer better or cheaper product?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom