Adventures in Polymer clay. My first canes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigguyZ

OK, this is kinda more about polymer clay than pen making in general... but it's all for pens eventually. I just need to get kits for all of the new stuff I've done! I have more materials than I have kits by far now (then again, it's always that way).

So here we are.... I'm not going to walk you through all of them, but I tried the first one first, and thought it looked interesting enough. However, I learned how to do a kaleidescope cane and it turned out really cool.

I also tried out a flower, and it turned out OK. Part of the cane got messed up on the side, but I think it'll still work.

Then a couple of others are ones that were just swirly or throw-away canes that I did the kaleidescope technique with. I think they're interesting to cool.

The last one if my first Kaleidescope cane, and that's the really cool one. This got me so excited about what else I can do that I couldn't get to sleep last night!

I hope you all like! Eventually, I'll definitely most pics once they're wrapped around some brass.

Travis

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 132
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Travis,

I like them!

I would be interested in how you made a few of those. Were they mistakes or did you have a design in mind when you started.

BTW, did you know you can upload more than 5 pics at a time. Just hit upload and the browse boxes reset and you can load them up again. I got that trick from Skippy when I noticed he had a ton of pics uploaded on a single post.

BigguyZ

Travis,

I like them!

I would be interested in how you made a few of those. Were they mistakes or did you have a design in mind when you started.

BTW, did you know you can upload more than 5 pics at a time. Just hit upload and the browse boxes reset and you can load them up again. I got that trick from Skippy when I noticed he had a ton of pics uploaded on a single post.

Now you tell me! :wink:

Thanks for the hint!

Maxwell, polymer clay is different than traditional modeling clay. From what I know, modeling clay is just a refined clay. But polymer clay has a polymer in it that will polymerize with heat. This greatly solidifies the clay and allows it to take a polish as well. I've tried just polishing the clay, and it can look very nice. Though I prefer to do a CA finish (which it also takes very well).

Top Bottom