advanced challenge slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
I wanted to post this here to maybe pick up another player or two.

In the advanced penmaking forum, there is a penmaking challenge being held. It starts with a simple mod to a slimline, and progressively gets more difficult, ending with a kitless build some time in the future. The only prize is looking at all the super cool pens, and the learning experience.

There is still plenty of time to get in on the ground level! This pen is jst the first round, and it just started so you can still get in if you act now!!

GO SIGN UP!

Almost forgot to mention... Homebrew Poly. Resin blank with Segmented center band made from same PR blank, and Alt. Ivory from exoticblanks.com on a Gold Ti. fancy slimline kit. This entire pen was done on the lathe. Every step but glue up. cutting, drilling, trueing, etc.

Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• challenge pen 1.jpg
    challenge pen 1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well Ron, If I can muster up the energy I'll start on mine tommorrow. And since you tossed the gauntlet, I'll do it all on the lathe. Might take me a couple days as my energy level isn't quite there yet. Also, nice home brew. I love the purple.

RAdams

Banned
thank ya!

I gotta give credit to Butch on the "all on the lathe" part. He did his that way, and we all have to follow him. figuring out what he did as we go. It is actually his challenge thingy... I am just a participant.

The "purple" i am guessing is the bottom closest to the nib? If so, that is actually interfine green. It is a white base with heavy green tints. It is so dark due to the black paint on the tubes and barrells. The top half is a pearl root beer color with tons of metal flake (fairy dust i think they call it).

ldb2000

Looks great Ron . The "All on the lathe" part was as much of a challenge to myself as everyone else . I wanted to make it a little bit more of a challenge since it was just a simple CB segmentation job .

RAdams

Banned
Looks great Ron . The "All on the lathe" part was as much of a challenge to myself as everyone else . I wanted to make it a little bit more of a challenge since it was just a simple CB segmentation job .

You know you are a kitless fanatic when you say things like "It was just a simple CB segmentation job".:biggrin:

ldb2000

You know you are a kitless fanatic when you say things like "It was just a simple CB segmentation job".:biggrin:

I guess you get a little jaded when you make these things all the time . If you want to have some fun , try making a CB over a inside threaded tennon with no tube for support :wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom