Adelaide Hills Pine Bowl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wm460

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
I haven't posted anything I have made for a long time.
I got this blank from a mate George (Robutacion) in Adelaide Hills about 1/2hr from my hometown.
Even with the Trend Airshield Pro on I could smell the pine, bought back a lot of memories.
I wanted something that I could chuck everything I carry in my pockets into, hat, glasses etc, when I make my vacuum chuck I will remove the foot.
It is 330mm (13 inch) dia and 110mm (4.5 inch) high.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Mark,

You done a great job on that bowl, I didn't think was that wide but, it obviously was and that certainly will give you a large container type to put all the junk we carry in our pockets....!:eek::biggrin:

I have made so many of those blanks when I got those 2 oldest Town trees that, I will have bowl blanks to turn, many years from now...!

I should be able to add here a couple of pics of that tree/job...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Town pine trees removal 004_(1).jpg
    Town pine trees removal 004_(1).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Town pine trees removal 009.jpg
    Town pine trees removal 009.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Town pine trees removal 023_(1).jpg
    Town pine trees removal 023_(1).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Town pine trees removal 025_(1).jpg
    Town pine trees removal 025_(1).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Storage paddock 24-6-08 010_(1).jpg
    Storage paddock 24-6-08 010_(1).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 163

liljohn1368

Hi Mark,

You done a great job on that bowl, I didn't think was that wide but, it obviously was and that certainly will give you a large container type to put all the junk we carry in our pockets....!:eek::biggrin:

I have made so many of those blanks when I got those 2 oldest Town trees that, I will have bowl blanks to turn, many years from now...!

Cheers
George

Is that you in the tree George? :eek:

I did this type of work for 5 years...

robutacion

Hi Mark,

Cheers
George

Is that you in the tree George? :eek:

I did this type of work for 5 years...

This was a job organized by the local Council, and this was a contractor they usually use to do their work so, the answer to your question is no, is not me on the top of that tree however, it could be, I have done lots of tree Monkey jobs, I still have all my climbing gear that I used after I retired a few times but on private jobs, mostly friends on, to get a particularly tree that was of interest to me.

The requirements necessary to do jobs for Councils, are very comprehensive, the compulsory public liability and individual insurances makes up for half of what they charge and I can tell you, is a lot.

I was/am known by the Council Inspector and these tree company crue, I was actually the one to advise the Council that, those 2 old trees were a risk to the public due to one have a large colony of bees in a large hole that could not be seen easily, and the other had a rotten base and very unsafe, that I drilled to insert my 7mm flexible inspection camera and take evidence of what I had seen.

These are all instruments I used in my tree work from years ago and that every so often become handy to inspect trees and other stuff. I live a few hundred of meters from these trees and walked around them frequently to collect pine cones to start the fire place in winter, that when I become aware of the eminent danger these monsters could cause to any pass by such as myself and the wife that drives that road al least twice daily.

Because of been known for what I do in more recent years as collecting wood, I was given the opportunity to keep all the usable wood from those 2 trees, my storage paddock is only 80 meters or less, from where those trees were cut so, I instructed the guys on the dimensions I wanted the logs at (I assisted with the cutting) and then, the large size bobcat they had there, took the logs over the fence and through them over, after that, was up to me to re-organize everything, which I did with the help of a tractor from the Chinese vegetable farm next door...!

Here is a pic of the logs thrown over the fence, to my wood storage paddock, and some slabs cut from knotted areas, from where many of the round blanks were cut from..!

I'm too worn out and heavy, to do all that again...!:frown:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Radiata pine works at storage paddock 001_(1).jpg
    Radiata pine works at storage paddock 001_(1).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Radiata pine works at storage paddock 002_(1).jpg
    Radiata pine works at storage paddock 002_(1).jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Radiata pine works at storage paddock 003.jpg
    Radiata pine works at storage paddock 003.jpg