Acrylic pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carsonbm

Closed Acrylic pen blanks

Where can I buy the fancy Acrylic pen blanks?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Parson, most acrylic blanks you find at the commercial stores are all the same looking.... like they made a 1000 at a time and they all look the same, only in different colors. If you want something that is a one of a kind that will stand out and demand attention, buy some of dawns at exoticblanks.com . I have about 60 commercial made acrylic blanks that Ive aquired over the past few years. Whenever I have someone asking for a pen and I pull out the box, its always Dawns blanks they go for. I try to set some aside for me but always have to reorder when they pick. When i turn a high end pen, I only use what I get there. Some might say Im biased because I sell there but Im being honest.

Dorno

Although I have not bought from exotic yet ( I do wish I had) I have search the net here and abroad and have been able to find nothing else like the blanks at exotic and I do look forward to buying from there
(when I can afford the postage)

Thats My recomendation

Cheers ian

mranum

I haven't turned more than a dozen pens or so and did a couple acrylics from WC. I checked out Dawns stuff and ordered some. They look awesome, and the price is right too! Thats where my money goes from now on!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANK YOU ALL!!

IF you want "acrylic", use our Madreperlato blanks. This is truly an acrylic blend. It is dense and has been manufactured to turn well. It will not display the "chippiness" that polyresin can have. For the novice "plasticman", this is a great place to start.

When you start to feel adventurous, you can move on to the polyresins (Dawn's PR is NOT "chippy" by PR standards, but it is not as forgiving as "acrylic" so some experience with plastics will help)

Also, don't be afraid to ASK for my tutorial on Turning the Resin Cigar pen. There are a number of "hints" in there that will save you "waste blanks".

The Alternatives and the other imported blanks can be more challenging. Alt Ivory (and the new alt ebony) is quite forgiving, alt amber is a bi***. The rest are closer to ivory than amber, but they CAN be frustrating.

I hope this helps,

Ed

Top Bottom