Achoo!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micharms

micharms

I didn't want to hijack the thread about casting pepper so I thought I'd post this photo of the pen I just finished last week. A fellow turner focuses on peppermills and asked me to cast some pen blanks of his pepper mix. I had some peppercorns left so decided to add some poppy seed into the cast also. This is the resulting pen. It certainly was 'fragrant' turning it.

C&C welcome.

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_8292.jpg
    IMG_8292.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 630
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:at-wits-end: That is realy a hot pen !! Strange, but in a good way. Will make a great display piece next to the peper mill. Jim S

LL Woodworks

That is awesome! One question, after it is turned to size did you or is there a need to seal the cut pepper corns with CA to prevent the user from handling pepper?
Thanks and once again - awesome.

JohnU

Nice job! The poppy seeds really add a certain contrast that makes it all pop! I like the looks of black pepper. I tried hot pepper seed once and that was enough. Lol

sbell111

That is awesome! One question, after it is turned to size did you or is there a need to seal the cut pepper corns with CA to prevent the user from handling pepper?
Thanks and once again - awesome.

Pretty much any blank made out of cast foodstuffs is going to need a good CA finish, in my opinion.

micharms

Thanks everyone for your comments.

None for sale ........yet but you never know. I haven't done any casting for a while.

I did have to seal it with CA so now there is no smell of pepper to it.

Michael

Top Bottom