Accidental garden

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

mick

Back in Feb. we had the City replace a tree that had been cut down in the fall. They didn't get around to grinding the stump until just before planting it so through out the winter Connie threw stuff into the hole( the tree had been hollow) hoping to feed birds or squirrels. One of the things she threw in was a pumpkin that she'd had on the porch but had gone bad. Here's what happened when the stump was ground up and the new tree planted.
Sorry for the crappy first pic. Took it with my cell yesterday decided to get out the better camera today.

Attachments

• Accidental2.jpg
    Accidental2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Accidental3.jpg
    Accidental3.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Accidental4.jpg
    Accidental4.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Accidental6.jpg
    Accidental6.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

That's awesome. I threw one in the flower bed two years ago. It still comes up every year. I suppose the ones that grow, decay there too. They just keep going.

Nice garden..

Fred

I have several dozen thornless blackberries growing up on my property that I threw cuttings from in a compost pile. Once I spread the compost these things just took off. Birds love it!

I have checked the shafts and none are large enough for pen blanks either! Dang it!

Rfturner

My brother was the one that planted ours I told him that it can get up to thirty feet he did not listen I love it in the summer time getting vine ripened black berries but I loathe the thorns

SDB777

How in the world do you turn a pumpkin?:eek:

Totally great way to 'spice up' that tree planting by the city!!

Scott (hope to see pumpkin blanks available this fall) B

Top Bottom