? about cartridge pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

leatherjunkie

has anyone taken a cartridge and turned it into a pencil instead of a pen?

just wondering because i think it would be neat to have a pencil and pen set made out of a cartridge and antlers.

if anyone has made one please share some of your problems and fixes for this conversions.

thanks in advance

papaturner

I made a pencil out of a 7mm and antler. Slimline pencil from woodturningz or PSI. No problems just a standard operation. Sorry I don`t have pics I gave it to my nephew.

Perry

Firefyter-emt

Yea, that should be a simple job, however the simline has a centerband / cap-body coupler that must be used. What you would need to do is recess the coupler inside the cap body (Kinda like how a Euro band overlaps the body)

If you drill your 7mm hole and then a hole wide enough to fit the centerband/coupler inside the blank and deep enough to hide it, you can then end mill the cap leaving enough room for the centerband to be placed inside the cap itself. Now turn the cap so it width matches the casing. All that is left is to put it togather.

Keep in mind, with a pencil you will HAVE to match the length of the slimline kit, so you might need to alter the length of the cap so that it stays the proper length. One thing to check before you go too far is that if you make the cap too short, the clip may have to be so far down that it's on the casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom