Abalone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mason Kuettel

Anyone know where to find a 7mm abalone or mother of pearl blank? Been looking for a couple of weeks now and cant find one. PSI has one that is Mother of Pearl pieces that would work, but they only carry it in a 3/8 tube :frown:.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Mason, I have contacted my supplier just a few days ago to see if he would make some 7MM tubes, he has told me he will try lazer cutting some, the problem is making each strip around the tube equal and also leaving it thin enough at the final and nib. We should know if it can be done in a few days. Now if all you want is chips instead of strips I'm sure if you contact my supplier he will be able to help you. I will be glad to give you his name and # as I'm do not handle the chip version. PM me if you want his #, Roy .

KBs Pensnmore

Abalone Pen Blanks

I use PAU shell (which is similar to abalone) from New Zealand, to make mine. 5 minute araldite works best and is glued directly onto the tube, (I don't paint the tubes but sand them), it takes about an hour to do each 7mm tube for a slimline,(2 hours total) then cast it in a clear resin.
Regards
Kryn

Top Bottom