A Whole Lot of Firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is the first stone type pen I have ever made, It is the first full size Gent I have ever made, this is the first time I turned without any bushings available(oops), and it is the first time I used my Skogger to make an entire pen. The stone is Banded Malichite, I used black tubes, black epoxy, and painted the inside black but I still have what looks like tube showing,maybe it is the blank. This is my first stone and I think I am going to have to buy some more and decide if I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It was kind of like turning acryluster. It was easy but tended to come off in chips if I got too aggressive with it.

VisExp

That looks great Neil. I'm getting ready to turn some Tru Stone for the first time. Did you use the 7/8" blanks for that? I've made one full size Gent and the drill bit is huge!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
That looks great Neil. I'm getting ready to turn some Tru Stone for the first time. Did you use the 7/8" blanks for that? I've made one full size Gent and the drill bit is huge!
The blank that I started with was a cylinder that was over 1" in diameter. I am planning on ordering some from the business classified ads and trying them when I get some time.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
T I am planning on ordering some from the business classified ads and trying them when I get some time.

I've ordered from Richard (randbcrafts) several times and he took care of me.
Answered questions patiently (very) and prices are good.
That reminds me, I've got to order more..

Top Bottom