A week's worth of MONDAYS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I am sure that everyone has had their own problems. I won't even beging to start explaining here. HOWEVER, it has felt like Monday all the last week. If things could go wrong......they have. Well, Today is my last draw.

I have been putting things together to mail out for the BASH. Of course, I put somethings away so not to forget them......and NOW, I can't find them.

I spent the better part of the day looking for these things. I know it isn't the end of the world but this bothers me. I am only 61.......I should remember where they are. So tonight, I am giving up on this part of the problem. I will make it right out of my own things and will just have to wait till I find them when I am not looking.
At Least, I will have them for the next bash once I find them.

KIDS, Your prize packages will be mailed out tomorrow.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Akula

I enjoy lossing things because it's so much fun when I find them later LOL
I put stuff away and forget about them all the time. Worst is when I "clean up and organize".

magier412

I think you have gremlins....yup...gremlins. ;)

It happens to all of us...sorry it's been such a painful week though.

Happy Friday!

robutacion

I am sure that everyone has had their own problems. I won't even beging to start explaining here. HOWEVER, it has felt like Monday all the last week. If things could go wrong......they have. Well, Today is my last draw.

I have been putting things together to mail out for the BASH. Of course, I put some things away so not to forget them......and NOW, I can't find them.

I spent the better part of the day looking for these things. I know it isn't the end of the world but this bothers me. I am only 61.......I should remember where they are. So tonight, I am giving up on this part of the problem. I will make it right out of my own things and will just have to wait till I find them when I am not looking.
At Least, I will have them for the next bash once I find them.

KIDS, Your prize packages will be mailed out tomorrow.

I know that, forgetness is commonly associated with age, and that makes sense as the brain cell get older and weaker however, I'm here to tell you there, that is all bull...! I was 40 and I already noticed how quickly I was forgetting things, particularly short term memory.

Well, things never got any better and as expected, got a lot worse over the years, I'm 57 now, and frustrates me beyond belief, how I can forget things so easily and so quickly, a typical example is, think of something I need, walk a few passes towards it and stop, as I can't remember what I was going to look for, now talking about forget things fast...!:mad:

I can also tell you that, you are not alone even from people half your age, this topic has been discussed a few times on IAP and it really shows how well spread the problem is. There may be many reasons why this happen and I certainly would like to know what I could do to improve on that but, every time I tell my doctor about it, he looks at me and says " yes George, it shouldn't be that bad at you age but, we need to start a series of brain tests to find the cause and, with all the health problems that you and your wife are having, have been having for some time, do you really want to go there/open that can of worms...??"

He is correct, I have lots of more important issue to concentrate on so, I keep apologising when I do something or not do something due to forgetness and keep going...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

bobleibo

!!!

Yikes~

Attachments

• senior speeding.jpg
    senior speeding.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 132

stonepecker

I was informed by the pretty gal behind the counter that the boxes will be delivered next Friday. I guess the one pony we have in Minnesota has the weekend off.

So the MN Pony Express has the packages and I have sent along tracking numbers to all the winners.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Sataro

I would not worry about it. I'm planning on using that memory loss to my advantage! My mother is 79 & has no short term memory left. I'm 57 & my wife is afraid that may happen to me. I'm planning on quitting teaching when I reach 65.

At that point my memory loss will be complete. The only thing I will remember is where the TV remote is at. If I forget to do any of the honey do's, it's only because I didn't remember being told about any of them...my wife may find a way to restore my memory though, so I tread lightly...:)

tbroye

Don't worry about it. They will show up some time in the future and then you will say "What hell are these for"? Happens all the time. Just human nature I guess. Just think when you retire no more Monday just 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday.

triw51

a typical example is, think of something I need, walk a few passes towards it and stop, as I can't remember what I was going to look for, now talking about forget things fast...!:mad:

It is a scientific fact that walking through a doorway makes you forget

Why Walking through a Doorway Makes You Forget - Scientific American

I call that being in the "Here after" because when I walk to the next room I think "What am I here after?"

But what is worse, IMHO, is when you are working at your work bench and have not left the area and lose a tool you just used.

George was talking to Harry about a movie he and his wife had seen. Harry asked,"What was the name of it?" George paused and said," It's a flower, and it's red and has thorns." Harry being helpful said," You mean a rose." " Yes that's it." George said. " Hey Rose, what was the name of the movie we saw the other day?" :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom