A week from hell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

First, looks like we're going to have to have the tile and concrete floor jack hammered out in the main bath. Last fall we replaced the complete drain and water lines from the house to the sewer. Our washer drain overflowed and we called the plumber ....guess what the drain line under the foundation has a hole and we'll have to remove the floor to get to it.
$2,500 to $3,500 with out the tile work.

To top it all off I keep losing my internet connection.
Ever since we changed our internet service from AT&T DSL to AT&T U-verse 3 weeks ago we've had nothing but trouble and it's gotten worse the last few days. Sometimes we can't get onto the net at all sometimes just certain sites and we'll lose connection in the middle of typing (Resorted to typing in word and copy and paste).

They say it comes in threes so I'm waiting for #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

you call that a week from Hell?????????? hmmm so do I. I would count AT&T as 2. I have uverse and it is ok but when it goes down forget about it.

Fred

Has your wife told you the good news about the 'rabbit test?'

Sorry to hear of your woes, but at least it is something that can be dealt with. And all that repair -or some portion of it - can be written off your taxes. I know that doesn't make it any better for you, but at least you know your tax dollar is now in your home improvement and not overseas someplace you never heard of.

BTW, Good luck with your cat. She is pregnant too, as is the dog! (See comment about 'rabbit test.')

Last edited:

OldGrumpy

Just a word of encouragment on U-verse. We were the first U-verse customers in our area. At first we had a lot of problems, but AT&T was working on the system almost every day. Once they got everything balanced out the service has been great. Love the U-verse TV and the internet service is much better than DSL.

sumterdad

To bad I don't live in your area. I could do the job alot.cheaper than that.:biggrin: hope it all works out. Is the old pipe cast iron

OKLAHOMAN

Fred, if the rabbit died we will make history as, I'm 70, Dee turned 71 in November, Gizmo the cat is a male and so is Tony the Dog so if all three are preggie I'll charge for each interview, the book rights and the movie rights alone should bring in enough for us to live on the rest of our lives as to taxes we have no mortgage:biggrin:, pay off our credit cards each month:), the cars are paid for:tongue: so we're SOL:redface: as we don't have enough deductions to file long form.:mad:
But after all the money I'm going to get who cares about the plumbing and internet....I'm going to be rich...

Has your wife told you the good news about the 'rabbit test?'

Sorry to hear of your woes, but at least it is something that can be dealt with. And all that repair -or some portion of it - can be written off your taxes. I know that doesn't make it any better for you, but at least you know your tax dollar is now in your home improvement and not overseas someplace you never heard of.

BTW, Good luck with your cat. She is pregnant too, as is the dog! (See comment about 'rabbit test.')

flyitfast

It isn't just UVerse. I have regular AT&T, and have lost internet almost every day since before Christmas until shortly after the new year. I called several times and wait on hold forever. Never have been able to talk to a person.
It has been ok for a couple of days now. (I guess I shouldn't have said that should I)
Maybe it is time to start looking for another provider.
gordon

Whew it lasted long enough to get this post submitted!!!!!

Top Bottom