A trio of Executives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fernhills

fernhills

A black wood, A Cheery wood, A Banksia Nut. All finished with WTF. An experiment on how the finish works on a very dark wood to a light wood. I was hesitant to try and make a slurry with it to fill the imperfections, voids in the banksia nut, but will on another porous wood. The light wood i am pleased that it did not alter the color. The dark wood came out well with some grain showing. Carl

Attachments

• 20130617_2.jpg
    20130617_2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 226

fernhills

Hi Chris, I use the wrap that electronics are shipped in. I just cut a swatch, fold it up and hold it in such a way that there is an indent in it. I then put a small amount, about a 1/4" puddle, maybe a little less. With the lathe off i apply the WTF on it in a back and forth motion and turn the head stock by hand slowly. The foam type electronics paper allows it to be applied wet without problems. When it is dry i sand it with the 1st grit of the micro mesh. I apply, sand with 1st grit of micro mesh about 10 times waiting about 15 minutes between coats. Then on the last time i then go all thru all the grits of micro to 12000 with the lathe off or on its lowest speed. I then just wax on the beale buffing wheel. That is just one way i`m sure. Hope that helps. Carl

Top Bottom