A Thanksgiving Turkey Memorial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Made this for a lady customer in memory of last-year's Thanksgiving Turkey. It helped the lady get a nice Turkey and it was Her first.

20ga shot shell primer end mounted in a 95fine sterling silver setting. It's not a pen but there was pen related activity and material, i.e. the turning of the pink camo back and of course the pink camo was left over from making a pen.
KKingShotShl (10).jpg

Not sure what shot she had in the load but apparently it did the job.
We originally talked about removing the primer and installing a faux jewel of some kind like a birthstone or something.
I convinced her that the fired primer was somewhat evidence of the hunt so I suggested leaving it and adding the pink camo to the back.
KKingShotShl (11).jpg KKingShotShl (12).jpg KKingShotShl (13).jpg

Forgot to take a before shot so had to reassemble the casing for this shot.
KKingShotShl (2).jpg

Edit: The chain and loop do not go with the pendant, she has her own chain. Mine is just there for the photo and is dime-store stuff. Also note that although the primer end appears to be brass, it is not, it is steel with just a flash plating of brass. It took very little polishing to expose some of the steel substrate. It has a heavy coat of lacquer on it to prevent/delay any tarnishing of the little bit of brass or rusting of the steel. Hopefully she will only be wearing it... I don't know... hunting maybe. ;-)

All comments and critiques appreciated and acknowledged.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom