A Tale of Montague's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OZturner

OZturner

You've had a great experience, Brian !!!!! . Thanks for posting for the rest of us to enjoy.

I have 10 grandchildren, 5 boys & 5 girls. One of them has spent time with me making a pen for herself. The others ? . Well, I give them pens occasionally and often show them new creations of mine, but, for the most part, the response is ho hum !!! . Maybe someday some of the others will hang around long enough to spend time with me in the shop.

Thanks Mal, I sure do hope that one or more of yours will "hang around long enough to spend time with you in the shop", as you obviously found with your one Granddaughter, it is a wonderful way of extending the connection, it gives both a unique and additional attachment in common.
Kind regards,
Brian.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Brian,
I used to have some pics that showed sideways. I found that even if the pic showed correctly on my screen, sometimes it would be wrong when posted to the forum. My remedy was to click "edit" and then just cropping the pic some and saving the change would make it as it needed to be when uploading to the forum.

Hope this helps!

bpgoldo

What a magnificent tale of gifts from generations to generations. You have made history in a boy's life. With grace and good luck he will be telling tales of the time and craft of a grand dad beyond compare. Gifts for everyone, and thanks for sharing one with us.

elkhorn

Brian, congratulations to your grandson on his accomplishment and to you for taking the time to share your expertise. You have created one of those "priceless" moments that money could never buy and that is something you both will cherish.

Now, my friend, it is time for you to post some of your magnificent pens!

OZturner

Brian,
I used to have some pics that showed sideways. I found that even if the pic showed correctly on my screen, sometimes it would be wrong when posted to the forum. My remedy was to click "edit" and then just cropping the pic some and saving the change would make it as it needed to be when uploading to the forum.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Charlie, I have some more posting that I will do in the next day or so, so I will give it a try, hopefully it will work for me as well, :biggrin: if not then back to the drawing board. :eek:
Regards,
Brian.

OZturner

What a magnificent tale of gifts from generations to generations. You have made history in a boy's life. With grace and good luck he will be telling tales of the time and craft of a grand dad beyond compare. Gifts for everyone, and thanks for sharing one with us.

Thank you Brian, for your very kind comments, they are most appreciated.
I trust that he will look back on it, after I am long gone, and gain as much enjoyment as I have from have.
Kind regards,
Brian.

OZturner

Brian, congratulations to your grandson on his accomplishment and to you for taking the time to share your expertise. You have created one of those "priceless" moments that money could never buy and that is something you both will cherish.

Now, my friend, it is time for you to post some of your magnificent pens!

Thank you John for your kind comments, I had a great time.
I have some more postings to do as soon as I get a moment.
As you have rightly noticed, I have been a little more than remiss in that Department.
Kind regards, my Friend, keep well.
Brian.

randyrls

Brian,

Hope this helps!

I sent this PM to Brian. but thought to post it here to...
When taking photos modern cameras and smart phones include the photo orientation in the Exif information included with the photo. But Windows in its infinite wisdom (sarcasm intended) doesn't use this information in its display. Most other software DOES take into account the orientation of the photo. You can of course upload a photo to your own user photo album to see if the software here on IAP includes the smarts to show the photo right side up.

Of course you can also edit the photo with any photo editor and rotate it until it is right side up.

OZturner

Brian,

Hope this helps!

I sent this PM to Brian. but thought to post it here to...
When taking photos modern cameras and smart phones include the photo orientation in the Exif information included with the photo. But Windows in its infinite wisdom (sarcasm intended) doesn't use this information in its display. Most other software DOES take into account the orientation of the photo. You can of course upload a photo to your own user photo album to see if the software here on IAP includes the smarts to show the photo right side up.

Of course you can also edit the photo with any photo editor and rotate it until it is right side up.

Thank you kindly, Randy, for your PM and your post. I have some more Photographs to upload shortly, and I will give it a try. :biggrin:

We were ALMOST neighbors, I lived for a few years just up the road from you, back in 1994 -97, I lived in Sugarloaf, very close to the Junction, of I80, and 81. I had a great time, Beautiful Country, and Beautiful People.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

wizard

Brian,
I cannot think of a more enjoyable experience that a father or grandfather could have than the moments of time spent with their child or grandchild.
However, even more precious are the moments you took to teach him a craft...to create with his own hands. It will leave an indelible and precious memory that he will carry with him the remainder of his days, As he lives his life, your deed will carry forward in influencing the manner in which he interacts with his children and grandchildren. Brian, you are truly a blessing in the lives of the people with whom your share your life.
Respectfully,
Doc:)

OZturner

:highfive:
Brian,
I cannot think of a more enjoyable experience that a father or grandfather could have than the moments of time spent with their child or grandchild.
However, even more precious are the moments you took to teach him a craft...to create with his own hands. It will leave an indelible and precious memory that he will carry with him the remainder of his days, As he lives his life, your deed will carry forward in influencing the manner in which he interacts with his children and grandchildren. Brian, you are truly a blessing in the lives of the people with whom your share your life.
Respectfully,
Doc:)

Doc, Thank you for your Extremely Kind Words.
It was a Magnificent Experience, all my other and Older Grandchildren, had not shown any desire or interest, and I must admit that I was beginning to think, and worry what would happen to all my Prized Wood Turning Possessions, when the Good Lord decides that I have done enough damage down here.
James and I have further reinforced our Relationship, and if he continues, then the future of my Addiction will be safe in his hands.

Doc, I greatly appreciate all your remarks, Particular from a person I Respect so much.
I have seen over the years, the number of Children that you have cared for Professionally, with Medical, and Undoubtedly Emotional Problems.
For whom you walked that extra mile, giving them the opportunity to partake in the Great Therapy of Pen Crafting, or by receiving one of the Brilliant Pens that you created specially for them.

If I can make a fraction of the impact by interacting with people and children, the way you have, I will be Delighted.
Sincerely yours, :highfive:
Brian.

Last edited:

tmeccariello

Great looking pens and an even better story. I appreciate all of the comments you have left on pens I have posted to this forum and wanted to make sure I respond with a well deserved complement.

Regards,
Travis

OZturner

Great looking pens and an even better story. I appreciate all of the comments you have left on pens I have posted to this forum and wanted to make sure I respond with a well deserved complement.

Regards,
Travis

Thank you very much Travis, for your kind remarks, they are Greatly Appreciated.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom