A successful "redesign" opportunity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MillerTurnings

I started out with plans to make a bowl with a 2nd generation feature ring in the design of Crown of Thorns for Easter. Imagine my surprise when I glued it up and the diameter was only half as large as planned. :confused: Yep, through a slight (by half) miscalculation, a redesign opportunity opened up. The bowl became a flower vase, but I still like it.

I had one extra segment left over, so it became a pen. Now I have a matching set for a conversation starter. :handshake:

C&C's welcome....

Attachments

• MT1704.102 Flower Vase Crown of Thorns.JPG
    MT1704.102 Flower Vase Crown of Thorns.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 242
  • MT1703.05 Vertex Click Segmented.JPG
    MT1703.05 Vertex Click Segmented.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
While all the second generation segments look excellent, all the higher segments also look excellent.

Well done, and it looks as if you planned all that!

robutacion

Geezz, for something that was segmented to be a bowl, I reckon I would have troubles segmented it deliberately to be a vase to come up that good, great job on it. The pen looks great too, congrats...!

Cheers
George

Thanks to all for the comments. It didn't dawn on me that it was half size until I glued up the feature ring. I was happy the joints were fitting so well together, and was busy patting myself on the back. The design process was OK, I just made half as many segments as I needed. Don't know what I was thinking. I may go back and try it again later, just to see how it would look in a traditional bowl shape.

Top Bottom