A special man deserves......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
......a mediocre pen:biggrin:

I just finished this pen for a very special man that lives up near the Arctic Circle. He must be related to Santa Claus cos he is just as generous.

JD, I hope you like it.

A low end kit with PR and some ali 'feathers'

Attachments

• Eskimo3.jpg
    Eskimo3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 488
  • Eskimo2.jpg
    Eskimo2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 411
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Unbelievable. I'd ask how you did it but don't want to give myself a headache.

Lovely, Skip.

Dale

kirkfranks

Great pen Skiprat. I love the way the feathers intersect perfectly.
I am sure you planned it that way but it would take me many tries (and errors) to even get close.

Unbelievable gift!!

Wow...that is just too nice of you Steven, I'm stunned really!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how to respond...............well I will cherish it, that's for sure!Thank you so much :highfive::handshake::smile-big::worship::glasses-cool:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
.......... You must have manufactured that nib and cap with clip right? .............

I wish:biggrin:
No Jeff, it's just a cheap UK kit with a snap on cap. If I knew it was going to survive then I would have used a decent kit or made one.
I found some Industrial Strength CA that specifically said it could be used with aluminium, but didn't believe it would actually do the trick.:redface:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow...that is just too nice of you Steven, I'm stunned really!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how to respond...............well I will cherish it, that's for sure!Thank you so much :highfive::handshake::smile-big::worship::glasses-cool:

You are more than welcome my friend:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Steve , you've done it again ! If JD doesn't like this one , there is something VERY wrong . Don't chance it , send it to ME ! :biggrin:

Beautiful work !

ldb2000

Great job Skippy . Where might I be able to obtain some of those cheap kits . I figure if they are good enough for you .... since you say I'm not allowed to do kits any more I figured maybe a cheap kit or two every now and again might be ok . Call it my "Kit Fix" .

bitshird

The Steel Mouse strikes again Steven that's a beaut, could you possibly divulge the brand of CA?.Now that I'm almost caught up with the woodchucks, I might get to play with my scroll saw!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for the comments:biggrin:

.............. could you possibly divulge the brand of CA?...............

Ken, here's a pic of the two flavours that I got. I found them in one of those hardware store that sells EVERYTHING. Heck, they even had a whole rack of spokeshaves!!!
You can see that it mentions Aluminium on the blue (thick one) It says the same on the back of the red (med )one. Seems to do what it says:biggrin:

Attachments

• CA.jpg
    CA.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 119

kirkfranks

Great job Skippy . Where might I be able to obtain some of those cheap kits . I figure if they are good enough for you .... since you say I'm not allowed to do kits any more I figured maybe a cheap kit or two every now and again might be ok . Call it my "Kit Fix" .

Butch,
Those look like the theme pens offered by Boston Clay Works a while back.
http://polymerclayprojects.com/Themed.htm

VisExp

I wish:biggrin:

I found some Industrial Strength CA that specifically said it could be used with aluminium, but didn't believe it would actually do the trick.:redface:

You mean you've abandoned epoxy :eek: Traitor!! :biggrin:

Gorgeous pen Steven and a great gesture to a very deserving man!

Top Bottom