A special gift for my parents...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

This is a captive ring goblet that I made for my parents 50th wedding ann. I have to give a special THANKS to Constant, he helped me figure out how to do the names on the rings. I uses a local friend to do the laser work, he only lives about 10 min. away. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get it all right, that was after a computer failure when we were just getting ready to burn them. :eek:That caused us to have to start all over. The wood is Mahogany and it has a Lacquer finish. Enjoy Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Wait a second. Are the rings hooked to each other or separate? Because they look like they are hooked together. And that is some kind of COOL!

Craftdiggity

I love it, Russel. Those goblets are one of my best sellers during wedding season. They always want to know how I got the rings intertwined like that. The names look great too. Nice touch.

seamus7227

This is a captive ring goblet that I made for my parents 50th wedding ann. I have to give a special THANKS to Constant, he helped me figure out how to do the names on the rings. I uses a local friend to do the laser work, he only lives about 10 min. away. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get it all right, that was after a computer failure when we were just getting ready to burn them. :eek:That caused us to have to start all over. The wood is Mahogany and it has a Lacquer finish. Enjoy Russell

Russel, your work is exquisite!

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Russell, I know your parents will cherrish your goblets in celebration of their 50th. Your work is very nice and the extra little details are exquisit! I have heard other say that break the captive rings to interlock them, but I don't understand how it is done. Is there any aritcles or How To's on the technique of making the interlocking rings?
Pat

Top Bottom