A Simple Pepper Mill in Zebrawood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Very nice Barry. I need to get my nerve up and attempt to turn a peppermill. Awesome looking piece of wood. I need to start with pine I guess.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great job on the pepper mill... I like the simplicity of the design... most of my mills follow the simpler designs as well.... really love the Zebra wood... one of my favorite woods... too bad it doesn't grow around here so I can pick some up for free. Even at my favorite wood importer it's pretty pricey.

broitblat

Great job on the pepper mill... I like the simplicity of the design... most of my mills follow the simpler designs as well.... really love the Zebra wood... one of my favorite woods... too bad it doesn't grow around here so I can pick some up for free. Even at my favorite wood importer it's pretty pricey.

Zebrawood is certainly not inexpensive, but I've seen worse. :frown:
This blank came from http://www.gvwp.net/products/349-2-zebrawood-turning-stock-3-x-3-x-12.aspx

-Barry

Zebrawood is certainly not inexpensive, but I've seen worse. :frown:
This blank came from http://www.gvwp.net/products/349-2-zebrawood-turning-stock-3-x-3-x-12.aspx

-Barry

Thanks for the link... that's a great source for woods.. I get most of my exotics from a company in Knoxville called Jefferies... the owner and his wife a great to work with, delightful people, very friendly and accommodating... I mostly work with the local native woods that friends call me up and say "I have a tree down in my yard if you want it" or "I going to cut down a ---- tree if you want it"... meaning, come clean up my yard and you can have the wood. I've gathered some really nice wood that way... some of which I've lost because I can't turn it fast enough.

Top Bottom