A Rose by any other Name

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I have worked with several Rose petal casts recently and finally decided to try a new style(for me) Magnetic Vertex in Fountain Pen and Rollerball. One had a pinkish red tip on the end and the other looks like a grey colored Rose. I am pleased with the finished product, yet see room for more improvement. Comments and Critiques are always welcome and thanks for looking.
EF0A9F48-8D41-4893-BF89-941D5D4CFB88_zps96wmrhgc.jpg

103CBD0B-D3C7-4C7F-BA85-002EFDEC1837_zpslfqtkdux.jpg

710A3CD1-AF8B-4757-8051-7FC6473873E9_zpshp8xv2r6.jpg

DDAD820A-8471-4792-9AC5-D2A93DC647D4_zpsccfslohr.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

...they look fine to me. Dried rose petals? Seems a bit overturned, small barrels? I like the subdued pastel look.! Be well......Jan

firewhatfire

I thought so as well, It is turned to size based on the bushing diameters. I little more meat left would make it possible to cast a multitude of items for them.

As for how I like them. I like them enough to buy more, the Zen I have not bought more.

Phil

...they look fine to me. Dried rose petals? Seems a bit overturned, small barrels? I like the subdued pastel look.! Be well......Jan

BJohn

I to really like these, and would like to see a tutorial made up for these. But in the mean time how did attach the dried petals to the barrel ? I am guessing a thick CA ? Second did you paint the barrels before attaching the petals ? As they maybe translucent to a small extent.

magpens

Is there something about the Zen that does not appeal to you ? I might be missing something but I really like the Zen and find that it attracts quite a bit of attention.... It has a nice strong magnet, while the Magnetic Vertex magnet is a bit weak and the cap fit a little bit sloppy, IMO.

As for how I like them. I like them enough to buy more, the Zen I have not bought more.

Phil

firewhatfire

I saw the opposite. I liked the magnet and cap fit better on the Vertex. Plus I had a cap come loose in my pocket on a Zen. Have not with a Vertex yet.

Is there something about the Zen that does not appeal to you ? I might be missing something but I really like the Zen and find that it attracts quite a bit of attention.... It has a nice strong magnet, while the Magnetic Vertex magnet is a bit weak and the cap fit a little bit sloppy, IMO.

Phil

magpens

Thanks for your reply, Phil.

Seems like we have had opposite experiences with the Magntic Vertex and the Zen, with me preferring the Zen. Oh well, maybe we'll get a chance to compare again in the future. Best regards to you,

bloodhound

I dont cast blanks yet. so my opinion may not count as much as others. However, I do very much enjoy these blanks. Most of all i love how you can see all of the detail in the pedals. The texture and the veins. Amazing job. i love them.

Top Bottom