A Rollerbolt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Inspiring, Brilliant, Ingenious, Spectacular, Envious.
Sorry Steven, I just couldn't use one word to describe your latest Masterpiece.
Congratulations, seems so Inadequate.
Brian.

jttheclockman

Instead of digging up historical artifacts, why not let the old farts move on and let the fresh younger minds take over...??:biggrin:

Oh Skip you do not know how much I keep preaching this. I want the newbies and the younger members here to take up the torch and lead us into a new era on pen making. I said this over and over. There is so much that can be done with our artform that we have only touched the surface. In all aspects of pen making such as segmenting, casting, and free styling. The use of different materials is just half of it. Thinking outside the box. I always hope that the Bash contests pushes these envelopes and there emerges something that just has not been seen or done. We are getting to a crossroads here where the older members that are the leaders in designs are getting older and maybe moving on. We have seen it over the years. I keep coming back to the phrase WOW pens. we need more of them.

I do agree with Phil though that looking back at some of the true artisans here that inspiration can be achieved in this way along with many other ways. I know I look at some of the top name brand makers pens and draw inspiration from them too. Maybe it is so that there are a few members here that are the hidden gems of the pen making world but choose to not share here due to various reasons. I do not know this but it would be ashame if that were the case.

All we can do is encourage those that want to step up and do more than just making pens. Take that next step to get to that elite level. It does take an artistic mind but we all have it. Just have to know how to use it. OK my speech is over.:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom