A question for my European bretheren

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drpelton

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier (preferably in Germany) who caters to our particular addiction. I am active duty U.S. military, and there are some things (read: finishing products) I cannot get shipped over here via U.S. Mail. I have brought back some supplies from my state-side travels. However, there are no more travels to the States in the near future. Any help you may provide is GREATLY appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drpelton

Guten Tag, Mike.

I just visited Neu Ulm a week ago for the first time (I'm stationed in Stuttgart). It was beautiful!

Specifically, I'm looking for finishing products. I want to try lacquer, I have used Shellawax with fairly good results. I'm gotten mixed results with CA and am still sorting out this finishing thing. Thanks for any help you can give.

Don

Rudy Vey

Right now I am traveling but I believe I have a couple of links on my home computer. I also recommend a google search under: "Drechselzubehoer"

There several suppliers of pen making supplies in Germany, one re-sells Berea kits. Also, here on IAP is a guy named Harry Kramer who does a lot of pen turning, but as far as I know, he buys his stuff from Canada or from the USA.
As soon as I get home I will check for the links.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Donald, there is a seller in Germany, but myself and several other of the UK guys decided that it was far too expensive. Like the other guys I'll try and find the link. The site was in German, but you could work your way around it. But unless you desperately need something, i reckon you should wait for a USA delivery.

IPD_Mrs

Don we could probably work out a shipment from the states. I don't do lacquer so I have no idea what to tell you. All of our finishes are CA, Novus and Ren Wax on wood and just the Novus and Ren Wax on plastic. One of our members (Kruger) is From France. You are not too far from the boarder, he might be able to give you some direction. His English is not too bad and that would help.

I would also do some reading in the finishing section on CA. Once you get it to click it is not that bad and it is by far one of the most durable finishes.

Anyway if you need something from the states that can go APO, you might want to have someone on here gather it from the different sources and make one shipment. That goes for Skippy, Mark and the rest of the European contengent. :) (And yes I know only military use the APO) The rest would have to be direct address.

Mike

Top Bottom