A Princess and 4 Wall St IIs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brian G

Brian G

I finally mustered the courage to post some completed pens. I didn't have a good photo setup, so I made a light tent. Then my camera went on the blink and I ended up using wife's. I need more work on learning how to use it and the light tent.

First up is a Princess decked out in blue dyed buckeye burl. Finish is CA. It was a birthday gift for my niece.

Princess blue.jpg

Next up is a set of three chrome Wall St. II styluses in redheart, bocote, and East Indian Rosewood (I think). The last is a copper plated Wall St. II and cocobolo. Finish is Hut Crystal Coat. These blanks came from Cook Hardwoods as a brick of 100, all unlabeled.

Wall St II.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Congratulations, they look great.
I would be proud to call them mine.
Isn't it annoying when you get a number of blanks unbranded.
Keep up the good work.
Brian.

76winger

Just to help you get started with your photo booth , the first thing you'll want to look at is finding how to set the white balance on the camera your using, then match it up with the light source you're using. This will help you get truer color rendition. If you want more help to improve them several will chime in and help you out if you post some in Pen Photography and ask.

Beyond that, The pens look like pretty nice, I like the shape of them and you appear to have the body mating pretty smoothly up with the metal components. Good job!

PeetyInMich

Nice pens, I like both of those hardware sets. Do you find that the nib end of the princess kits tapers too much? My experience is that it is nearly cylindrical where it meets the blank and causes either an angle change, or a weird shape to meet the center band. None the less it is a very good seller for me despite my peeves.

Brian G

Thank you for the feedback. For sure, I'll take advantage of the photography skills of the members here. My ancient digital camera decided enough was enough and, despite fresh batteries, thinks it's too tired to operate. Kind of like me sometimes.

Peety, this was the first Princess for me, so I don't have a good answer to your query. I thought it was a little heavy and long for a feminine pen, but as a friend told me, "It's all about the bling." I'll pay closer attention to the taper and shape that you noted, when I turn the next one.

Those were the first Wall St. IIs as well. Pretty much anything but slimlines is the first for me. :) The copper and cocobolo is my favorite; the other three are gifts.

Ozturner, yes, that was a little annoying, but I knew they were not labled. I bought a 100 blank brick from Cook Hardwoods. I could identify most of them, and overall it was a good purchase, but I wouldn't do it again. There were too many unremarkable blanks of unknown species.

Thanks again for the feedback. I'm away for the weekend, but I wanted to stop back and respond to comments.

Kindly,
Brian

Top Bottom