A Premium Designer pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

PSI carrys a 24kt premium designer pen their order # is pkmont-par and they have a pkmont-bu2 bushing and a pkmont sd2 drill bit.

Does any one have what sizes the drill bit is Psi talks about a 2 step ?? and what size the bushing are? thanks bill

Any comment about the kit?

again thanks bill

[page 8] 24kt premium designer pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

I believe the pkmont-par (par stands for Parker style) kit uses a standard 8mm drill bit. It uses 8mm tubes and a parker refill and is slightly bigger than the pkmont.

The pkmont-bu2 and sd2 are used for the mini-designer (a round-top pen slightly smaller than the slimline) and yes, the sd2 is a step drill.

-Barry

redfishsc

Just a heads up on that pkmont-par 8mm pen. It's a bit of a hassle to make. It's also a very, very pretty pen.

Buy a couple extra kits. I ruined the first one I made-- I made the brass tenon too long even though I followed their instructions to the hilt (or so I thought).

Brewmeister35

The pkmont-par is the premium designer but the bushings used for it are actually BU5. It is an 8mm kit as Barry said and does not use a step drill, just a standard 8mm drill bit. The step drills are for the fountain and rollerball versions.

As far as kit comments, it is nicer (in my opinion) than their standard designer since it uses the parker style refill instead of the cross. I do like their designer pens but the premium is only available in 24k which is it's only downfall.

I would buy some extra tubes for it if you get the kit just in case.

With the 8mm tubes, I found that the wood and the nib end ends up pretty thin. I made several of these pen and the wood split on ALL but 1 of the kits I made as soon as I pressed the nib into place.

Elliott

I second that about this being a hard kit to get right. Make sure your tenon and tube lengths top and bottom are exact otherwise it does not assemble correctly.

If you are ok with 24k, I would recommend the Berra Olympia instead, or the standard 7mm euro in 10k.

-E

gerryr

I think people are confusing the PSI PK-MONTPAR and the Berea 8mm Euro. The PSI kit is easy to make correctly. The lower(longer) tube needs to be the correct length just like any kit that uses a Parker refill, but the length of the upper tube does not have to be precise at all. The length of the upper tube for the Berea kit MUST be very precise for the pen to properly operate.

The PK-MONTPAR is significantly easier and simpler to make than the Olympia, IMHO.

Top Bottom