xxShadowxx

what not to do

IMG_1713.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Looks posed

Almost looks to me like a posed pic - The forks are down so the load wasn't lifted very high, what is is front of the forks looks like not too big a load (looks like one log to me) and there seems to be a pallet between the fork and the log, I don't think they use pallets under logs, do they?

THarvey

If this is real, it looks like the hydrolics failed. The forks are down, but the piston is fully extended.

A sudden hydrolics failure could cause a sudden shift in weight.

Edit: Went back and looked again. The forks are off track. I say equipment failure, not excessive load.

Last edited:
I've done something similar... not with wood though... that's a pretty heavy duty skid loader and unless he only had the load way out on the end of the blades where the balance is off, that loader should have handled anything short of a major log.

My partner and I were loading a 10,000 lb butterfly valve into a box in our warehouse once... we only had a 2,000 lbs and a 7,000 lbs lift... we tried to pick the valve up on either side with the two lifts... when we started lowering, the 7,000 pounder got ahead of me on the 2000 pounder.... my lift tilted and lifted about 2 ft off the floor, then the blades slipped and dropped the lift back on the drive wheels.... the tires were hard rubber... no give... and I almost broke my neck from the snap when it hit the ground... not very smart of two old hands at handling cargo.

Top Bottom