A Pair Of Sierra Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
These are made from wood gotten during one of Isaac's housecleaning sales. (I'd love to see what he thinks is good enough to keep for himself! [:p] )

The first is Amboyna with Sapwood, using one of Beartoothwoods.com Black Titanium and Platinum kits.

The second is a burl that I don't know the name for. (Any id information is appreciated.) It is also on one of Ernie's kits, the Satin Copper.

I tried to print out the gradient Fangar sent me (Thanks, James.) but my printer wasn't up to the task of giving me a good printout. Still, it makes a good background.

Comments + or - appreciated.

pwood%20Black%20Titanium%20and%20Platinum%20Sierra.jpg

82914138_Satin%20Copper%20Sierra,%20Unknown%20Burl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I like them both, Cav! But the Amboyna always steals my heart. As far as IDing the other... for me only two burls jump out at me ID wise, Amboyna and Afzelia. I can't help you with this one, but I like it.[^]

OKLAHOMAN

William, like them both but the amboyna w/ bk ti and platinum is just my cup of tea, just love amboyna as far as the other can't help with the ID but you can send it my way for a closer look LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Great pictures from a guy who less than a year ago was in total frustration trying to upload one.
NIce job on the turning and finsh but too much harware in the kit, but you knew I was going to say that.[:D]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks all for commenting. An especial tip of the hat to Eagle for teaching me how to upload decent photos.

A comment was made that the amboyna might look better with a gold Ti kit. I'll give that a try and update the post.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Thanks all for commenting. An especial tip of the hat to Eagle for teaching me how to upload decent photos.

A comment was made that the amboyna might look better with a gold Ti kit. I'll give that a try and update the post.

I didn't"teach" you anything,just explained the "mechanincs" as I understood them.
Your great photos are a testament to that.[;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Thanks all for commenting. An especial tip of the hat to Eagle for teaching me how to upload decent photos.

I didn't"teach" you anything,just explained the "mechanincs" as I understood them.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/top...=9009&SearchTerms=photos,upload,image,resizer
Your great photos are a testament to that.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom