A Nice little Holder...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

...even if I do say so myself.:biggrin:

Inspired by a fellow woodworker on another forum. (read "A blatant rip-off" :wink:)

Black Cherry outer and inner cylinders, African Black-wood lid, 1/4" Maple dowel rod connector. Finish is: Sanded to 320g then 1 coat of thin CA as a sealer then Deft RC semi-gloss lacquer. This one is a little tight for the longest picks. I consider this one a prototype. The next one I will give it about another 1/4" of head room clearance for the picks.

IMG_5156_5_7_Detail.jpg IMG_5159_8_60_Detail.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice one. I like the combination of wood used and the shape you gave it.

You need some work on your website though. I was checking out your "gallery" clicked on the "Choo Choo" and a picture of a bowl appeared. Same thing with the "Wobbler".

Good looking toothpick holder but it's not a "blatant ripoff". The design was published in one of the wood turning magazines, a British one I think, many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

Hardly a ripoff, James - Bernie made his from an old Wood magazine article, I believe. Yours is simply an elegant redesign of the original concept. Well done!

Thanks everyone for your comments. BTW the only ones I had seen(don't get the magazine were the ones Bernie made so mine is still a ripoff of his:biggrin:. This one does look pretty good but I still need to make any future ones a little taller. When this one is closed you can feel the lid hit the tips of the picks.

Back
Top Bottom