A Newbie From Down Under

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boof910

Hello to everyone on this awesome site from a newish pen turner from down under.
I say I am a newish turner because although I havent posted on the site before I have been turning pens with varying degrees of success for about 2 years with the addition of blank casting in the last few months. To say I have learnt a lot from pouring over new threads every day would be an understatement! My wife just rolls her eyes now when I say I have to quickly duck out to my workshop to try out a new trick I have just read about. She knows very well that the "quick visit" will be anything but quick and is likely to have a price tag attached!:rolleyes:
I am from the Pilbara region of Western Australia which has a daily temp of about 40 degrees C at the moment so without an air conditioner in my workshop not a huge amount of turning would be done for the next 4 months until temps became a bit more user friendly.
Thanks again to everyone who posts on the site because without their input and advice a lot of novices like myself wouldnt have caught the addiction that pen casting and turning can be!:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom