A New Beginning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bellsy

Bellsy

I finally got a chance to try out my Delta Midi Lathe and here are the first 4 pens.

In order....Antler and Birds Eye, Antler and Dark Walnut, Pink Corian and last, Corian with Antler and Birds Eye combo. The last Pen with the Antler and Birdseye combo was a repair due to the Birds Eye being turned down to thin. Many more mistakes (learning experiences) will follow I'm sure.

I'd also like to Thank all who have contributed to this site, as it is very informative.

Bellsy

Attachments

• DSC00497b.jpg
    DSC00497b.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00503a.JPG
    DSC00503a.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC00505a.jpg
    DSC00505a.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

If you don't mind a couple notes:

Some of your tubes look over turned, almost wasp waisted. Make sure you don't take off too much material. A barrel-to-barrel slimline leaves little wood as it is, you get concave and it's reeeeeeal thin.

Last pic looks like you may have a bushing out of round or you're just not meeting the bushing. Regardless, I think you may need to leave a little more meat on the tubes.

The segmentation is great, I think the second pen would probably be comfortable to write with. I think you're ready to ditch the centerband all together and further customize the pens.

randyrls

Bellsy; The first two are the best. The last one looks a little unbalanced.

Have you thought of making your own center bands? Either wood or acrylic in same or contrasting colors. That way you could make it larger or smaller than the normal center band and add details to match the pen.

Overall I like the center one best. Enough detail to be interesting, but not overwhelming.

Top Bottom