A Mokume Gane Fountain Pen: A Guild Submission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

Rounder

CONGRATS DOC!!! Beautiful pen and craftsmanship! VERY kind of you to mention Timebandit and if I may say so myself, he is a pretty special dude! Great work on your part.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

That is really stunning. I am not sure I am following the process though. Did you make the blank yourself and then after turning apply a chemical to get it to the patina you wanted?

I have never seen another like it and I really like it. Very well done!!

OZturner

An Absolute Brilliant Pen Doc.
Glorious Blank, and Craftsmanship.
Congratulations on your Acheivements, not only with the Guild but your wonderful contributions to the IAP, and the Community at Large.
The only word I can think of, to adequately describe the Pen, and the Person.
OUTSTANDING.

Regards,
Brian.

Timebandit

Thanks Doc, you were a bit timid at first, but you took it all in quickly as you can see:biggrin: Those were great times!

Now whats next :rolleyes: how you gonna top this one.....or the last one?!?!......I cant wait to see!:biggrin:

Thank you all for the kind words but there is more to this pen than just an submission of an object of art and admission to a group.

When I look at it...... I have a flood of happy memories of IAP members that I met or have talked to on the phone. I can't even begin to name all the people all the people who have mentored me to get to this point...

Individuals that helped me to overcome the fear of using and working with metals and metal lathes..

The most prominent memory that stands out is having a cup of coffee in Austin, Texas looking forward to the day to spend with a friend and mentor, a TimeBandit, named Justin Short in Austin who gave me the gift of his precious time..weekends..who patiently (very patiently) taught me how to make kitless pens...Justin...thank you.:)

That pen represents a connection with all of you.

Thank you!

Doc:)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
It's obvious... You two need to have a "shop" time to get together! We all will be better for it! :wink:

Be well friends!

Mark

Thanks Doc, you were a bit timid at first, but you took it all in quickly as you can see:biggrin: Those were great times!

Now whats next :rolleyes: how you gonna top this one.....or the last one?!?!......I cant wait to see!:biggrin:

Thank you all for the kind words but there is more to this pen than just an submission of an object of art and admission to a group.

When I look at it...... I have a flood of happy memories of IAP members that I met or have talked to on the phone. I can't even begin to name all the people all the people who have mentored me to get to this point...

Individuals that helped me to overcome the fear of using and working with metals and metal lathes..

The most prominent memory that stands out is having a cup of coffee in Austin, Texas looking forward to the day to spend with a friend and mentor, a TimeBandit, named Justin Short in Austin who gave me the gift of his precious time..weekends..who patiently (very patiently) taught me how to make kitless pens...Justin...thank you.:)

That pen represents a connection with all of you.

Thank you!

Doc:)

Top Bottom